Advanced Search

Author Topic: Updated 4.4 Patch Notes  (Read 558 times)

March 02, 2018, 06:54:29 PM
Read 558 times

Nexemis

• Developer

• View Profile
    • Deloria Online

• Past Nicknames: Nexemis Nexxy Tester
Updated 4.4 Patch Notes
« on: March 02, 2018, 06:54:29 PM »
Hey guys,
I have updated the Deloria Online 4.4 Patch Notes. They have also been moved to a new topic below. I will update this page as new things are updated/added to the game. The Open Beta is approaching closer and I hope to have an estimated ETA soon. Thanks for everyone's patience, and remember to join us on Discord!

FULL 4.4 PATCH NOTES (with screenshots): http://www.deloria.online/forums/index.php?topic=158.0
DELORIA DISCORD CHANNEL: https://discordapp.com/invite/bVTPdSy

WHAT'S NEW 4.4 (Changes since Closed Alpha ended)
* NEWEST ITEMS AT TOP

NEW GRAND ARENA
I have added the new Grand Arena in Collingwood. This will help test PvP and abilities much faster, as well as some Party vs Party PvP action.

Collingwood Grand Arena

ALL NEW ABILITIES AND ABILITY TREES
I have greatly expanded the ability trees for all classes, adding more abilities and selection. Players will be able to customize their builds more and allow them to choose 20 abilities now (up from 15).

Expanded Ability Tree

ON-SCREEN DEBUFFS
On-top of debuffs showing at the top left of the game screen, debuffs will now also appear above your character so surrounding players can see any negative status affects you are inflicted with.

Example of character being disarmed!

NEW LOGOUT PROCESS
Characters will now have a 9 second logout process when quitting the game. You can force quit right away, but your character will remain on the server for the 9 second duration. This will prevent players from disconnecting to save lives from stuns and other debuffs. Logging out in a town bypasses this countdown.

New character logout

NEW SHOPS/VENDORS
Some new shops and vendors have opened up in Collingwood. Josie now sells jewelry, accessories and capes, while Scarlet in the Magic Shop now sells a variety of enchants. The Collingwood Dock is now open as well, selling boarding passes to Merchant Cove on Killik Island. Some of the existing vendors in town had some of their prices changed (ie: potions and elixirs are cheaper now).

NEW RENDERING
I have updated the rendering code to process faster in some areas, as well as make the rendering more compatible for crossover software from other OS.

NEW COLLISION DETECTION
I have a new unit detection code that will prevent from your character from moving onto the same tile as an NPC. This was a client-side rendering issue which should be resolved now. I have removed the auto-refresh that I put in as a temporary work-around for this bug.

NEW CHARACTER PROFILE
I have completely redid the View Character screen as the new Character Profile screen. It is used to for both yourself and other players in-game. The new Character Profile screen shows a lot more information for players, including; character stats and attributes, bonus stats and enchants, character achievements and player statistics.

NEW CHARACTER STAT BONUSES
Included on the new Character Profile screen you will see new stat bonuses and enchants listed. This will give you more detail on new stats bonuses and enchants you can now get from in-game equipment and items. Some bonuses have multiple levels, while some are more an on/off. For example; Autoloot is an on/off bonus. Once you have this bonus stat once, it will not increase further. Other bonuses may have caps or limits, for example; Increased Regeneration and Resource Regeneration have caps. Once you reach these caps, they will not increase any further. Bonuses that are at max will show in yellow, while non-max will show in white. If you do not have this bonus at all it will show in dark grey.

NEW PLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS
I have added the new achievement code in. Achievements have various ranks and points and can be acquired from a variety of methods in-game. You can view other players, as well as your own, achievements from the new Character Profile screen. Although only a handful of achievements are currently in (with various ranks), later achievements will include rewards like outfits and titles.

NEW PLAYER STATISTICS
I have added in the new player statistics. Some of these statistics will be used for leader boards down the road. You can view other players, as well as your own, statistics from the new Character Profile screen.

Character Profile: Stats, Attributes, Bonus Stats, Enchants, Statistics and Achievements

NEW ENCHANT SYSTEM
The new enchant system was added to the game. You can enchant certain equipment pieces with various enchants. These enchants add to your bonus stats. Depending on the gear or bonus stats you have, you enchant choice may vary. Some examples of enchants: Autoloot, Various Increase Stats, etc.

EXPANDED ABILITYBAR
The ability bar now holds 7 abilities. (up from 5)

UPDATED D-AMP MUSIC STREAMER
The Deloria-AMP in-game music streamer has been updated with more stations as well as gives the player the option to modify any existing stations or simply add new ones.

UPDATED QUEST CODE
I have updated the quest code to include more parameters for different quests. For players who were in the Closed Alpha, you will also notice some differences in the quest chains.

NEW SUB-CLASSES
Sub-Classes have been added to main classes. Each sub-class will have 2 spec trees to choose abilities from, on-top of the base class abilities.

Sub-classes have different categories:
> DD = Double Damage: Full damage ability tree with no heals or support.
> FS = Full Support: Full support ability tree with heals and buffs and no offensive abilities.
> SS = Semi Support: Half support and half damage. A variety of both abilities available in this tree.

An example of the mage is shown below:

MAGE > ELEMENTALIST or CLERIC

> ELEMENTALIST: FIRE TREE (DD) or EARTH TREE (DD)
 > CLERIC: BENEDICTION TREE (FS) or HERESY TREE (SS)

NEW CLASS HALLS
New Class Halls have been added. Main Mage quests will now take place in the Mages Guild (Mage Tower in Collingwood) and then expand depending on which sub-class you choose. Clerics have a Sanctuary in the Collingwood Church and Elementalists can teleport to the Apex of the Mage Tower.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 10:54:15 AM by Nexemis »
- Nexemis

Jeffrey O'Blenis